Apr 12, 2011

PDCC76+CASE Study34

Hi, I have a quick post today. I didn't feel well today and took a long nap. I put myself together to finish these two cards because I really like the theme. Don't want to miss it. Glad I found sometime crafting today. How about you? Hope you have a wonderful day.

First one is made for PDCC76 This one is my Mother's day card for my friends. I color the flower with markers and add glossy accent in the center and the tips to match the pattern paper. Cute~ Huh? Also I use the sketch from Card Patterns Sketch 110.


Second is made for CASE Study#34 . I am very much inspired by Jean Martin's card. I love the soft color and shabby style. The frame and the butterfly is too genius. I made this one for my sister and my mom. I stamped the butterfly once in Tea Dye distress ink first and white emboss one on vellum again. Cut out and pop off with foam tape.


Supplies:
Stamp:CG133 Color Me Flower, CL334 Happy Mom's Day-Hero Arts

Stamp:CL401 Speckled Ornaments, CL383 Antique Engravings, CL334 Happy Mom's Day-Hero Arts

12 comments:

Glennis said...

They are both beautiful

AnitaRex said...

I'm sorry to hear that your not feeling all that well! Pregnancy can be so difficult sometimes but soon it will all be worth it! :> Love your cards today! So perfect for Mother's Day!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Two amazing cards, but I'm so partial towards the CASE Study entry... it's simply stunning!!
I hope you'll feel better soon! xxx

Michele Gross said...

Sorry you're not feeling good :(
What a delightful project! Fun way to work the colors :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

I hope you're starting to feel better now, your cards are beautiful! Lovely entry for our PDCC challenge this week, thanks for playing along!

Lin said...

Beautiful cards, Nicky! Hope you're feeling better......and good luck in the challenge!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love how you've chosen colors for that flower and the glossy accents are perfect to top it off! Thanks so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

whoistracy said...

Oh these are just gorgeous! Love that bold flower on the first and the soft colors on the second. Stunning. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations, Nicky! LOVE the bit of texture your Glossy Accents and glitter paper add to our take, and the butterfly made me stop in my tracks! Yummy! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jean Martin said...

Whew! A girl after my crafty heart! Nicky I LOVE your card!!! It's so beautifully soft! Perfection! LOVE IT!!!

Julie said...

Fantastic work on this! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study.

NinaB said...

Your cards are gorgeous. Beautifully done! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns.