Aug 31, 2016

Stamplogrations Gold&Theme

Hi I made this card for 2 challenges. Click the link to check out the detail on their blogs. Today is the last day to enter these August challenges but the best part is: a new one is coming up. I can't wait. Hope you can fine some time to play along. 

Here is my card. I used Hero Arts Layering hibiscus stamp set. I learn this coloring technique from Marika Rahtu of Me and Minime Crafting. Her coloring skill just took my breath away. So pretty. I LOVE her card. 

I am in love with this coloring technique. I had a lot of fun and I hope you are inspired to try it.



I chose only use 2 layers. I stamped the first layer with Distress ink Broken China on water color paper. Use brush and water to soften the stamped image. when it still wet I stamp the 2nd layer with Distress ink Stormy Sky then let dry. Stamp the center with black ink.

I also highlight the hibiscus with black color pencil. 
I die cut the sentiment from Spellbinders Phrase Set Two with gold paper and another 2 layer of black die cuts. Amount them all together and adhere on card front. 


Here is the close up of the gold die cut sentiment. 
 


  I am inspired by the theme stamp&Pencil also the Hibiscus.


Supply List:
Stamp: Hero Arts CL868 Layering Hibiscus
Die: Spellbinders Phrase Set Two
Distress ink : Broken China, Stormy Sky, Black
Color pencil, Gold paper

Thanks for visiting. Nicky ~~

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

Becca Cruger said...

Wow this is so artsy and super beautiful!! Thank you for playing in the STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge!