Apr 15, 2010

2S4Y Kazan's Sketch 50


2 Sketches 4 you is looking for 3 new designs. All you need to do is play along with this week and next weeks sketches. This week is Kazan's Sketch 50 Here is my take.
I made two cards out of the same stamp, my new Hero Arts Long stem flowers and pair up with different sentiments. 
I had this color combination in my head when I bought this stamp and really happy with the result. I used all Ranger Distress ink to water color the flower. I embossed the image before coloring to avoid fainting. The color is a bit outline and gives it a shabby look. I also use Scattered Straw and Tea Dye to distress the edge of the card base.

Supplies:
Stamp:(Long Stem Flowers, Special Mom, Happy Mom's Day)Hero Arts , Ink: (Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye) Ranger Distress Ink, Card Stock:Craft store

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

These are beautiful! What cheerful mom's day cards! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

Wendy said...

Very pretty! You did a great job coloring.

Cheryl Nelson said...

such perfectly lovely cards!!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!
Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura