Apr 15, 2010

2S4Y Kazan's Sketch 50


2 Sketches 4 you is looking for 3 new designs. All you need to do is play along with this week and next weeks sketches. This week is Kazan's Sketch 50 Here is my take.
I made two cards out of the same stamp, my new Hero Arts Long stem flowers and pair up with different sentiments. 
I had this color combination in my head when I bought this stamp and really happy with the result. I used all Ranger Distress ink to water color the flower. I embossed the image before coloring to avoid fainting. The color is a bit outline and gives it a shabby look. I also use Scattered Straw and Tea Dye to distress the edge of the card base.

Supplies:
Stamp:(Long Stem Flowers, Special Mom, Happy Mom's Day)Hero Arts , Ink: (Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye) Ranger Distress Ink, Card Stock:Craft store

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

These are beautiful! What cheerful mom's day cards! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty! You did a great job coloring.

cnelson said...

such perfectly lovely cards!!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!
Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura